An Exchange Parent Aide Program
The Michael B. Christensen Community and Family Support Center teaches parents skills and information to raise a stable family. The center seeks to reduce child abuse and neglect by helping families develop the necessary social supports and coping skills that may be lacking.
The Community and Family Support Center is AAA-ranked by the National Exchange Club’s Child Abuse Prevention Services. It is one of 67 programs in a nationwide network of Exchange Parent Aides, who are trained to assist parents under stress and whose children are at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Increasing parental and child resiliency
- Helping develop a network and concrete support system available when needed
- Developing of effective parenting skills
- Helping parents understand child development
- Developing social and emotional competency in all family members
- Increasing effective decision-making skills
- Strength-based family education
- Financial literacy
- Parent education classes
- Parent Aide Program
- Supervised visitation center
- Healthy relationships
- Home visits
- Referral to other GLCAC programs and other resources
The Michael B. Christensen Community and Family Support Center is proud to partner with the Exchange Clubs of the Merrimack Valley and across Massachusetts, as well as the National Exchange Club.
In addition, this program receives funding from the Mass. Dept. of Children & Family Services
Exchange Club Supporters
The Exchange Club of Haverhill
The Exchange Club of Salem, N.H.